This module allows candidates to understand the main concepts underlying the secure use of ICT in daily life and to use relevant techniques and applications to maintain a secure network connection, use the Internet safely and securely, and manage data and information appropriately.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy and identity theft.
- Protect a computer, device, or network from malware and unauthorised access.
- Understand the types of networks, connection types, and network specific issues, including firewalls.
- Browse the World Wide Web; communicate on the Internet securely.
- Understand security issues related to communications, including e-mail and instant messaging.
- Back up and restore data appropriately and safely; securely dispose of data and devices.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the skills needed to understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft.
- Certifies best practice in IT security.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Please note IT Security module is also known as Secure Use of IT.
Download the Secure Use of IT Version 2.0 Module Syllabus (PDF)
IT Security Syllabus Overview:
|Secure Web Use||
|Secure Data Management||
ICDL Asia provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand IT Security in more depth and prepare for testing.
IT Security V2.0 Sample Test - Windows 7 Office 2010 (.zip)
Please note: Answers are provided for the multiple choice questions of the sample papers, please refer to ICDL training materials for information on practical tasks.