This module sets out essential concepts and skills relating to identifying, searching, evaluating, organising and communicating online information.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Determine what online information is needed to meet a particular requirement.
- Search securely for online information using search engines and social media applications.
- Critically evaluate information using a range of criteria.
- Use inquiry commands, for example, to measure distances, angles, areas.
- Manage and organise information using a range of tools.
- Plan, draft, review and deliver online information.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Covers the key skills and knowledge needed when researching topics on the web.
- Can be applied to research and information search relating to any topic area..
- Ensures that you can created well-structured, well-researched, and appropriately expressed outputs.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter expertise, programme development specialists, and the Singapore Workforce Development Agency.
Download the Managing Online Information Module Syllabus (PDF)
Managing Online Information Syllabus Overview:
|Searching for Information||
|Evaluating and Organising Information||